Hiya! I’m Jenny, the heathen homemaker.
I want to share fun, interesting, informative things with you. My goal is always that you’ll learn something new and laugh during each visit.
I feel so honored each and every time someone is willing to share their email with me. If you sign up for my newsletter, you’ll receive an email
once a week, once in a while, occasionally, infrequently with cool stuff like:
- Homehacks not found on my site
- Old-fashioned advice (and by old-fashioned I’m talking 1700-1800’s)
- Weird homemaking news
and other fun stuff! Oh – and I will never, ever share your email address with anyone.
I’m experimenting with affiliate links, and if you click/buy from my links I might earn a wee little something from it (generally pennies, seriously) without it costing you anything extra. If you choose to do that I lovelovelovelove you to bits. In fact, if you want to help me become an Amazon Affiliate Gazillionaire check this out! And read my disclosure policy. I guarantee it’s the most interesting one you’ll ever see!
And just who are you, little miss?
I’ve been primarily a homemaker my entire adult life.
My job as the manager of my home is something I take seriously but not somberly.
I’m my own boss with a not-so-silent partner (my husband) as well as four male offspring, three of whom live at home. We sent the fourth one off to live in the woods years ago. I heard some coyotes took him in. I’m sure he’s fine.
The great thing about being your own boss is that you can’t get fired.
The hard thing about being your own boss is that you can’t get fired.
Even if you want to be. Believe me, I’ve tried.
Connect with me!
I love to connect with my readers. You can follow me on all of the usual social media channels and I’m always looking for questions for my Ask the Homemaker feature. Shoot me an email and let me know what questions you have about any aspect of homemaking!
And of course…
I’ve noticed that the 10 Random Facts section is pretty popular on blogs these days. I’m not all that popular, so I’ll just give you five.
- I secretly hired a maid just to clean my master bathroom.
- I have four boys. Two are two years apart, the second two are twins. The two sets of kids are 20 years apart. I’ll wait while you ponder that.
- Touching raw potatoes gives me intense anxiety.
- I used to live in Jamaica, W.I.
- I now live in a very cool small town in North Carolina.
Bonus Random Fact
- I’m chronically annoyed with my husband because his classic car and motorcycle are taking up all the space in the carport, which means I have to park in the driveway.