The Heathen Homemaker’s Weekly Meal Plan 08/02/15
Last week was a shop-from-the-pantry sort of week. This week is a try-not-to-have-leftovers sort of week because we’re not going to be around to eat at the house this coming weekend. We’re having a big (20+ people) family cookout on Thursday, so I am also not in the mood for difficult-to-do stuff this week.
Sunday – 30-minute enchiladas that take 1 1/2 hours to make 
Monday – Chicken sort-of caprese  (inspired by The Frugal South’s meal plan from last week), zucchini, noodles or pasta of some sort
Tuesday – Spaghetti & meatballs , salad, broccoli
Wednesday – Chicken curry from the freezer, naan, rice, spinach 
Thursday – Major cookout. Probably hot dogs, baked beans, slaw, etc.
Friday – Tacos at our rental house (I’ll cook and prep stuff ahead, then reheat everything at the rental house)
Saturday – Mac & cheese at the rental (made ahead and then cooked at the rental), salad
 This is supposed to be one of those 30-minute meals, but that sort of thing never turns out that way for me.
 We were supposed to eat this last week and didn’t. Going to give it the good ol’ college try again this week.
 Yay for Trader Joe’s meatballs.
 Thank you again Trader Joe’s! Palak paneer makes my heart beat a little faster.
Now it’s time to…
What did you really eat last week Jenny?
- Planned: hot dogs, chips, corn
- Actual: Yup. Dogs and corn cooked on a charcoal grill
- Planned: petite sirloin steak, zucchini, freezer veggies
- Actual: We cooked them on the gas grill and they were luscious. We didn’t eat the zucchini. I’m starting to worry that it will go off before I get to it.
- Planned: roasted chicken, sauteed green beans, mashed potatoes
- Actual: Yep, yep, and yep!
- Planned: Ground beef surprise, freezer veggies
- Actual: It was a fend for yourself night instead.
- Planned: curry leftover from last week, rice, naan (it already has lots of veggies in it)
- Actual: What I thought was curry turned out to be enchilada soup. It’s all good though. LOL!
- Planned: chicken sort-of caprese, zucchini, noodles or pasta of some sort
- Actual: Grocery store rotisserie chicken, freezer veggies, salad. I did not plan my day well and ended up buying an overpriced chicken at the last minute. A store can charge darn near anything for a hot rotisserie chicken at 5:30 pm on a weekday!
- Planned: Baseball stadium food!
- Actual: Each person got just what they wanted for dinner, and although I insisted on getting the bottomless bucket of popcorn I ate very little of it because the twins kept putting their dirty, grubby little stadium-touching hands in it.
Do you plan your meals? How far ahead? How well do you stick with it? Let me know in the comments!
And tell me what eating this week. Seriously – I’m always super curious about that!