The Heathen Homemaker’s Weekly Meal Plan 08/16/15
Sunday – Daddy Burgers , definitely-unhealthy potato chips (that’s a brand name right?), Bush’s Baked Beans, Jenny’s rahtid good lemonade 
Monday – Hodge Podge Night!
Tuesday – 15-bean soup, dinner rolls, salad
Wednesday – Lemon rosemary chicken , Tj’s potato something (I’ll pick something from my freezer stock), veggie salad
Thursday – Ground beef slow cooker chili, cornbread, salad
Friday – Fish tacos, sliced avocado, Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions
Saturday – Leftover curried chicken & veggies, rice, naan
 Everyone knows that Daddy Burgers are the best, right? Made with love on a charcoal grill. It doesn’t get much better than that.
 Recipe coming soon!
 I never did get around to making this last week, I’ll try try again this week.
Now it’s time to…
What did you really eat last week Jenny?
- Planned: An on-the-road dinner at Wendy’s
- Actual: Yup. This is just what we did and I am SO glad. Everyone was tired, hungry and cranky on our long drive back home from the mountains. It was nice to just stop, eat, and go. I felt fine about doing this since we had carried our own food for all the other meals of the weekend.
- Planned: Leftover spaghetti, rolls, salad
- Actual: Leftover spaghetti rules.
- Planned: creamy corn and spinach enchiladas, refried beans from a can (for shame!)
- Actual: Yup. And it was super yummy! We had enough leftover for a couple of lunches.
- Planned: lemon rosemary chicken, Trader Joe’s Country Potatoes with Haricots Verts & Wild Mushrooms, salad
- Actual: We had so much leftover chicken with basil that I recycled it for dinner this night. I’ll do the lemon rosemary chicken next week.
- Planned: Ropa vieja, rice, black beans, salad
- Actual: I became miserably, unexpectedly ill Friday. I’d already made the ropa, but my hubby very kindly put it away and took the wee ones out to dinner.
- Planned: Hodge Podge night!
- Actual: We had the ropa vieja this night and oh man, was it good! We had quite a bit leftover, so I threw that bad boy in the freezer to make a quick meal in a couple of weeks.
What’s your equivalent of Hodge Podge night? Do you do a regular leftovers cleanout? Maybe breakfast for dinner? Let me know in the comments!