The Heathen Homemaker’s Weekly Meal Plan
Week 17: 11/08/15 – 11/14/15
Last week I made a meal plan using a few things I already had, a couple of old favorites, and something new.
This week I’m super psyched about only having to cook for three days! Woot! Wednesday through Saturday are no cooking days. No breakfast to think about. No lunches to plan. No dinners to worry about. Yay!
What are you having for dinner?
 After last week’s raw chicken debacle I’ll probably just use some good ol’ leg quarters.
 I use the ABin5 master recipe for rolls from .
 I might make some ABin5* olive oil dough for this, but I’ll probably just use the dough I made for Sunday’s dinner.
Now it’s time to…
What did you really eat last week Jenny?
I stuck to our meal plan really well this week. Until Friday… Hubby suggested in the morning that we go out to dinner and I readily agreed. Unfortunately he worked later than he’d intended and the only thing we were fit for by that time was takeout Chinese. I wan’t thrilled but the rest of the family was, so there ya go. Here are the highlights from last week.
- Planned: Roasted chicken, potatoes, green beans, salad
- Actual: I made a sorely undercooked roasted chicken. I don’t know what happened! I guess I didn’t put my digital thermometer in correctly or something but I had to do some quick microwaving to get pieces and parts to a point where it wouldn’t poison us. #chickenfail
- Planned: Cheesy slow cooker tortellini, garlic bread, salad
- Actual: This was weird. And sort of gross. I don’t think I’ll make it again. The sauce was fine and the tortellini was fine but the cheese? Holy crap. You may never meet anyone as addicted to cheese as I am but the recipe called for way, way too much. It was a gooey mess.
- Planned: Chicken and dumplings (using leftover chicken from Sunday), salad
- Actual: I was going to get all fancy with the dumplings, but in the end I used canned “flaky style” biscuits. I cut them into approximate cubes, tossed them in some flour, and then dropped them into my simmering stew. They were really quite good!
- Planned: Vegan shepherd’s pie, salad
- Actual: This turned out great! It will definitely become part of my rotating vegan repertoire this fall and winter. Hubby had no idea it didn’t have meat of any kind in it. He said he realized there were lentils but the overall texture definitely gave the impression of ground beef. Total winner.
- Planned: Red beans & rice, salad , roasted cauliflower
- Actual: The link I have here is a loose representation of the way I make it. I don’t particularly have a recipe. This week I didn’t have a hog jowl or ham bone but I did have some bacon, so I cooked that along with the seasoning veggies before throwing in some (gasp) canned beans, spices, etc. It was so warm and yummy!
- Planned: Homemade pizza* using the ABin5* olive oil dough
- Actual: Yeh… this was the Chinese night.
- Planned: Hodge Podge!
- Actual: Leftover night! We picked around but mostly tried to finish off the weird tortellini dish.
So what are you having this week? Are you trying anything new? Let me know in the comments!