The Heathen Homemaker’s Weekly Meal Plan 08/30/15
Last week was a My-Fat-Ass-Can’t-Fit-Into-Any-Of-My-Winter-Clothes-So-I’d-Better-Lose-Some-Weight-Soon kind of week. I kept up with my menu plan but not so much the “just eat less” part. This week is a someone-inspire-me-please kind of week, so I consulted the Pinterest board my friend Leah at The Frugal South and I collaborate on, and also rediscovered some old favorites for this week. What are you having for dinner?
Sunday – Homemade pizza (the ABin5  master recipe works great as pizza dough)
Monday – Texas caviar, BLT sandwiches
Tuesday – Weeknight chicken fajitas, beans, spanish rice
Wednesday – Pork chops , Roasted zucchini, mashed potatoes
Thursday – Cornbread tamale pie, cucumber salad, avocado slices
Friday – Vegan Night!  Butternut squash chili, fresh rolls
Saturday – Hodge Podge Night!
 The ABin5 master recipe is easy to use as pizza dough – just pull off smallish balls and roll out to the size you want. It does puff up quite a bit, so roll it out thinner than you think you want the finished product to be.
 These pork chops were so good last week that I decided to make them again this week.
 My oldest son is vegan, so I like to try out recipes I can use when he comes home for a visit.
Now it’s time to…
What did you really eat last week Jenny?
- Planned: Leftover chili and cornbread
- Actual: We went hiking at a place pretty far away from our town. We were there much later than anticipated, so we ended up getting Chinese on the way home. Super good for the size of my butt, right? The good thing is that the chili is there and ready for another quick meal option!
- Planned: Pesto Chicken Soup, fresh rolls , salad
- Actual: Yes, and it was super delicious. I used chicken I had leftover from last week. I totally forgot to put the spinach in though. Grrr! I add extra veggies to the soup. The rolls were great. I make these pretty regularly. It’s very easy to do and beats frozen or store bought by a mile.
- Planned: Freezer curry, rice, garlic naan
- Actual: yep. It’s even better the 3rd time around!
- Planned: Pork chops thrown in the slow cooker on a bed of sliced onions and BBQ sauce poured on top, rice, succotash
- Actual: 3:00pm – I realized I’d forgotten to put the chops into the slow cooker. I now have 2 pounds of frozen solid pork chops. I thawed them safely using the cold water technique and then brined and cooked them using this technique. We did have them with rice and succotash.
- Planned: Lingonberry chicken (chicken in a crockpot with a jar of lingonberry jam thrown on top), mashed potatoes, green beans
- Actual: Heh – apparently I’d used my last jar of lingonberry jam, so I just sprinkled ranch dressing powder over the chicken and dumped a small jar of pesto on top. Fab!
- Planned: Anything goes!
- Actual: I wrangled a babysitter, so to celebrate Hubby’s birthday we went to dinner. All. By. Ourselves. Like, just us. Alone. It felt weird. But wonderful.
 I use the ABin5 master recipe for rolls.
Do you plan meals ahead of time? How often do you stray from the plan? Let me know in the comments!