The Heathen Homemaker’s Weekly Meal Plan 2016
Week 16: 04/18/16 – 04/24/16
It’s a special week around here! The twins’ 5th birthday is Tuesday, they have their kindergarten physical exam on Wednesday, Thursday is tour-the-school-turn-in-registration-papers day plus a very special evening out for mommy and daddy, Friday is a special Daddy At Home day, and Saturday is the big birthday party! Whew!
The boys get to choose their own birthday dinner and I was not surprised by what they wanted: Pasta with meatballs. It’s their mostest favoritist meal in the whole world. The more surprising request was corn on the cob. It’s something they like but I haven’t heard them request it in a long time. I’m raising some gourmet dudes up in here.
What are you having for dinner this week?
Links denoted by an asterisk (*) may be referral partners or affiliates, which means that – at no extra cost to you – I may make a small commission if you buy from them. This is my disclosure policy.
Monday – Peking pork chops, dry-fried green beans, rice
Tuesday – Rotini with sauteed garlic and parmesano-reggiano, Trader Joe’s party meatballs, corn on the cob, grilled chicken
Wednesday – Vegan night! slow cooker vegan burritos, salad
Thursday – Dinner out for mamma & daddy, Trader Joe’s palak paneer for the boys
Friday – Chicken soup (using leftover chicken and stock from last Sunday’s roasted chicken) salad, rolls
Saturday – Birthday party day. We’ll likely have something simple like sandwiches for dinner.
Sunday – Hodge Podge night
 I make this more simply than the usual recipe. I leave out the chili paste and sugar.
 I use the ABin5 master recipe* for rolls.
Now it’s time to…
What did you really eat last week Jenny?
- Planned: Thai peanut chicken, coconut rice, stir fried broccoli
- Actual: Yes, and holy crap was that chicken good! I doubled the sauce recipe because I knew I was going to want to drink it straight. It didn’t disappoint. Coconut rice is dead simple. Substitute coconut milk for the water and ta-da!
- Planned: Pesto spaghetti, grilled chicken
- Actual: Nope. We had Chinese takeout.
- Planned: Teriyaki apricot pork chops, leftover rice, stir fried veggies
- Actual: Yes, and the whole family loved this recipe. I had to make more rice though because Monday’s coconut rice was such a hit!
- Planned: Vegan Night! Sofrita bowls
- Actual: This was a really easy meal with minimal cleanup. Loved it, though hubby said it would have been better with chicken. LOL!
- Planned: Spaghetti squash with bacon, spinach & goat cheese, salad, garlic bread
- Actual: I ended up making this on Saturday instead. Friday we were out running errands much later than I’d anticipated and we ate out. Bad Jenny!
- Planned: Hodge podge or homemade pizza, depending on how tired I am
- Actual: I made the spaghetti squash dish this night. It was delicious but did not sit well with my stomach. It’s very, very rich. I’d like to make it again but I will take measures to reduce the fat.
- Planned: Roasted chicken, carrots, potatoes, salad
- Actual: Yep, and it was glorious.
What are your go-to recipes when you have an extra busy week? Let me know in the comments or tweet me!My go-to recipes on super busy weeks are... Click To Tweet